NIST 800-171 Compliance
Most organizations that must comply with NIST or FISMA guidelines know that these are not projects left to “do it yourself”.
Yet with minimal instruction, the NIST frameworks allow organizations to grow leaps and bounds in information security readiness, and always in the correct fit for that organization’s needs.
The ESX Information and Cyber Security Group is composed of NIST and FISMA experts who know not only the challenges of the guidance but also how to make it work for the organization, not the other way around.
Be it NIST, FISMA, FIPS, RMF, or any other NIST Special Publication derivative, ESX will guide your organization in fitting your organization needs with a control set for maximum security return on investment.
ESX recognizes that most organizations do not have the resources or the knowledge base to become NIST 800-171 compliant on their own. We specialize in helping organizations with 100 employees or less to reach their compliance goals and retain their status as a supplier to the DOD and US Gov’t.
Why is your process?
- An ESX ICSG expert pairs with your organization to determine the correct level of security or compliance required
- The expert and key stakeholders in the organization work together to perform a risk assessment or an audit, depending on what suits the organizational requirements
- The assessor collects artifacts and evidence to supplement the report
- Security implementation experts compile the list of the organization’s requirements and results to create
a remediationor Corrective Action Plan
- The report documents are delivered along with a letter of attestation as to the state of the organization’s security program and guidance for improving the organization’s security posture
If you are serious about information security, the NIST standards are the correct way to proceed!
What are the NIST 800-171 Requirements?
- Access Control
- Awareness and Training
- Auditing and Accountability
- Configuration Management
- Identification and Authentication
- Incident Response
- Media Protection
- Personnel Security
- Physical Protection
- Risk Assessment
- Security Assessment
- System and Communication Protection
- System and Information Integrity
Do the NIST guidelines apply to my organization?
That is highly dependent on what your organization does and who they do it for. If your organization is a branch of the federal government or supports the federal or local government in some way, there is a NIST standard that is applicable.
I already do a SOC2 report. Why should I do NIST assessment?
A SOC2 report is not a security framework. It is a
We don’t have a lot of users or systems. Is there a NIST standard for my organization?
Yes! The NIST is customizable based upon the needs of the organization, adjustable to the technologies used, size of the organization, and information that needs to be protected.
My organization is very mature and we have multiple standards that we comply with. Why would we want to use the NIST standards?
Most information security standards are based
How do I find out more?
We know that every organization is different and requires a slightly different approach. Reach out in order to talk more about your organization’s security desires and requirements.